Please take a moment to review this information carefully.
We, G&S&., respect the privacy of visitors to our website and handle your personal data with due care. In this respect, we comply with existing privacy laws and regulations.
2. For what purpose is data processed and which personal data is processed?
We may collect personal data from visitors to our website (hereinafter referred to as ‘visitors’) for the following purposes:
• sending newsletters;
• sending job vacancy notifications;
• enrolling for events;
• ordering items from our website;
• processing queries and complaints;
• carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
• processing requests for services;
• registering with JongVolkerWessels;
• processing job applications. There is a separate privacy
statement for job applications, which is on the application form.
We process the following information for all our visitors:
• IP address;
In addition, you have the option of placing personal data yourself via our website, for one of the purposes mentioned above.
We only process personal data that you give us, i.e.:
• forename and surname;
• e-mail address;
• telephone number.
3. How is personal data collected?
Visitors’ personal data is obtained in the following ways:
• from using the website and the cookies placed on it;
• when users themselves give us their personal data.
4. How is personal data kept secure?
We take the protection of the personal data of visitors to our website seriously, and so we take appropriate organizational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, unauthorized changes, or other unlawful processing.
Our members of staff who have access to your personal data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and only have access to this personal data if it is necessary for the performance of their duties and/or for supporting the website.
5. What rights do visitors have and how can they exercise them?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, visitors have
various rights concerning their personal data that can be exercised to safeguard their privacy:
• right of access;
• right of rectification and supplementing the data;
• right of erasure;
• right to restriction of processing;
• right to data portability;
• right to object to processing.
Requests to exercise any of these rights can be submitted in writing to G&S& at firstname.lastname@example.org. To verify that the request has been made by you, we ask you to send us a copy of your proof of identity along with the request. To protect your privacy, please use a black marker to blank out your passport photo and citizen service number on this copy. When we receive a request, depending on its nature, we will first weigh up the interests and assess whether we can and may comply with the request. We will then send an appropriate response. If you have not received a timely response to your request or if the request has been rejected, you can raise an objection with the
VolkerWessels Privacy Taskforce. You also always have the right to lodge an objection with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or to initiate proceedings before the court.
6. Provision of your personal data to third parties
We may share visitors’ personal data with:
• VolkerWessels contracting parties, collaboration partners, or clients;
• companies in the VolkerWessels group;
• service providers engaged to provide services on behalf of
• third parties, including but not restricted to supervisory bodies,
tax authorities, or other authorities in order to comply with
We enter into a processing agreement with companies that
process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of
security and confidentiality for visitors’ data.
7. Retention period
We do not store visitors’ personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained, unless we are required by law to store data for longer.
9. Links to third-party websites
Our website may contain references and/or hyperlinks to third-party websites. We are not liable in any way for the ways in which these third parties deal with privacy legislation. We recommend that data subjects consult the privacy policies ofthese third-party websites to find out about how these third parties handle their personal data.